Proper Hot Tub Filter Cleaning & Maintenance
You won’t see Hot Tub Filter Cleaning and Maintenance on anyone’s bucket list, but it’s one of the most important “must-do’s” for hot tub owners.
This task isn’t nearly as bad as most people would have you believe, but it can be if you don’t clean and maintain your filter in a regular basis.
You can’t have a healthy, safe and enjoyable hot tub experience without a filter, so it’s in your best interest to find out the most cost effective, least time consuming and easiest way to keep your filter clean.
Why Do Hot Tubs Need Filters?
• Filters protect your hot tub equipment from harsh or damaging particles in the water that can clog your system or damage your system’s components. Well maintained filters catch nasty particles before they do clog or damage your system.
• Filters also collect bacteria that goes unseen to the human eye. This creates a safer, cleaner and healthier environment for you, your friends and your family to soak in. Why worry about the dangers of pathogens in your hot tub water if you don’t have to.
• You’ll spend a lot less time picking debris, leaves and unwanted additions out of your hot tub if you maintain your filter on a regular basis.
• Not maintaining your hot tub filter may actually void the hot tub manufacturer’s warranty. That alone makes checking and cleaning your hot tub filter at least once or twice a month and replacing your filter every 6 months or once a year at the very least.
Quick Cleaning Vs. Deep Cleaning
Quick Filter Cleanings are easy, entail little or no chemicals and should be done regularly. The easiest method is to simply remove the filter, rinse it down well with a hose, let it dry and then put it back in the hot tub.
For a better, longer lasting clean, use an instant cartridge cleaner or a Water Wand Filter Cleaner. You can spray most cartridge cleaners right on the filter, let it soak for a short period of time and then rinse it off with a hose.
The Water Wand Filter Cleaner is the worlds first hand-held cartridge filter cleaner. It is highly effective at cleaning all hot tub pleated filter cartridges in significantly less time and uses less water than traditional filter cleaning methods.
Basic Filter Maintenance Schedule:
• Quick Cleaning Once Every 2-3 Months
• Filter Replacement Every 12-24 Months